Glossary Search for foams (Search Options)
Definition of Term
Foams are colloidal systems. In the classification based on the state of aggregation of the two phases (gas and liquid), foams commonly belong to the first group:
(1) gases dispersed in liquids (foams, gas emulsions);
(2) liquids dispersed in gases (mists, fogs, liquid aerosols).
Other categories include:
(3) gases dispersed in solids (solid foams);
(4) solids dispersed in gases (fumes, smokes, solid aerosols);
(5) liquids dispersed in liquids (emulsion);
(6) liquids dispersed in solids (some gels);
(7) solids dispersed in liquids (suspensions, sols);
(8) solids dispersed in solids.
Other Search Engines